Our team is doing well but we have a deadline looming (2 weeks away). As such I thought it would be a good idea to get a sense of the project overview and agree on some deliverable / method of work for the next week.
With this in mind I created a spreadsheet that can be used to track the progress on the overall project. Both in terms of official deadlines and sub tasks. The sub tasks are gathered together in a number of 7 day 'sprints'. There is also a Gantt chart although some of the sprints are currently at a 7 day default without much detail. This will change as we progress. An example of the sheet can be seen below:
Additionally Luke suggested we check out Trello to stay on top of project deliverables. As such I had a play around and set up a basic project dashboard. An example of this can be seen below:
|Our Trello thus far :D|
I have also continued reading up on the research documentation and organised a DK1 (Oculus Rift) for Tuesday! The University will be providing me with one for the day. I can't wait to test it out and get my prototypes running! Unfortunately the hardware is being used by lecturers so I will need to keep this in mind for future testing and provide ample time to book the DK1 again.
I also suggested to the team that each of us create a general project design concept. I figured that if each of us did at least one we would have a total of 7. We could then use this to help speed up our brainstorming. This could also allow us t emphasises what was important to us in terms of our roles/interests. I am hoping this will save some time and allow us to hit the ground running (with design and dev) in the next sprint, which will lead into our 25th deadline.
That's it for today!